Are you constantly overwhelmed? Do you feel like you were meant to do so much more? Do you want to change but struggle with a lack of motivation, procrastination, or fear of failure? Well, I think you’re in the right place.
Hi, I’m Deborah. I’m a follower of Jesus Christ and love Him with all my heart. My ultimate goal in life is to see everyone through His eyes, love them as He does, and to fulfill my God-given purpose on this earth.
That’s why I became so frustrated a couple of years ago. I felt like I was in a rut, going around in circles, the same thing day-in, day-out, so many responsibilities to others (mom duties, work, home, church) and feeling like I didn’t have time for myself. I felt so disenchanted with everything and began to feel that there MUST be so much more to life than this.
When I turned 40, I decided that enough was enough! My next 40 years would be times better than the last! I determined to stop playing the fool in the gym and work on my diet. I had to lose those extra pounds that I’d gained since working from home (yea it has its drawbacks :)). I also determined to seek God for my God-given purpose and fulfill it.
Around that time I heard the Lord say that the following year (2017) would be the year of no fear. I wasn’t exactly sure what it meant but I decided to start this blog, As Bold as a Lion, to chronicle my journey. It’s based on Proverbs 28:1b “… but the righteous are as bold as a lion”. Every time I feel discouraged I remember that I AM the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus, therefore I MUST be bold as a lion.
I don’t have it all together, (really I sooo don’t) but I pray that my experiences would help to encourage you to face your fears and overcome the overwhelming demands of everyday life, that voice in your head that tells you that you can’t, today’s excuse and everything else that holds you back from becoming who you were called to be.
Join me on my journey to seek the heart of God, walk in my purpose, touching the lives of others, and doing my part to bring God’s Kingdom to earth as it is in heaven.
More about me:
- I’ve been a software developer for the last 20 years
- I’m the owner of an online handmade bath and beauty shop, Heaven Scent Creations
- I’m typically a logical person and I ask God “Why?” a lot. (Hmmm is that what it means to be like a child? You know, why, why, why? lol)
- I love studying end time prophesy
- I really really want to learn Biblical Hebrew (need to restart DuoLingo)
- I really really enjoy being a mom. If I had to do it over I’d have lots of kids and stay at home and be up at 3 a.m. praying for them and seeking God for their purpose. I don’t mind hanging with them at all.
- I really, really love God. In the last few years of my Christian walk, I’ve been asking the Father to help me to understand how much he loves me. I want to love others the same way (disclaimer: I’m still a work in progress)